The first design is our establishment date (our wedding date). I chose two fonts to use throughout the design to keep it simple, then I just played around with the configuration by rotating and resizing the text. I selected a yellow background to go with our yellow and gray duvet in the bedroom and made the text white. If you don't have Photoshop you possibly could get the similar result using Publisher or Word.
The second design is our silhouette as we are walking down the aisle at our wedding. Again I busted out the Photoshop to create the silhouette from one of our wedding pictures, added our new title (in the same font as used in the first one) "the Young's" and voila! Instant customization. I made this background blue because I am going to add little touches of blue throughout the bedroom as an accent. The process of creating the silhouette in Photoshop is a little more advanced so I would recommend reading up on the process if you are not familiar, hire that process out, or get a friend who has Photoshopping skills to help you out.
The third and final design is a lyric from our wedding song that we first danced to as husband and wife. This was super simple and it coordinates by using the same font as the other two and the same yellow background color as the first. I added a shamrock to the bottom of the lyric to graphically depict the "lucky" part of the lyric.
Then I just uploaded the image files to Walgreens Photo and had them printed out in poster size 16X20 and picked them up at my local store within hours. This was such a benefit as I had only decided to present them as gifts to my husband days before our anniversary.
I then purchased white frames from IKEA to put them in and the result after they were hung in the bedroom is this:
We still need to move our lamps hanging over our night stands over so that they are actually over our nightstands. We have yet to move them since our upgrade from queen size bed to ginormous king size since this task requires busting out the "Little Giant" ladder to reach the 10 foot ceilings in the room. Looking at this image will encourage us to get 'er done now!
Here is another view with slightly less glare from the windows in the room. I should also note that the hanging lamps above the night stands were DIY-ed by me several years ago out of block candle holders from Target, light cord kit from IKEA and white velum.
Since I am sharing one project in the master bedroom, I will share another and one yet to come. Here is another angle of our bedroom where you can see our lounge chair and side table with lamp and yellow Basset Hound! Yes I said yellow basset hound! Our version of Ol' Yeller!
I purchased this lovely basset hound puppy statue from Hobby Lobby for half off with the intention of painting it yellow to match our bedroom and be placed lovingly in our bedroom. Coincidentally, Roxie sleeps in this chair at night so she can enjoy Ol' Yeller standing guard as she sleeps.
Yes the lamp base is brass, you are seeing it right. I purchased this lovely at Goodwill for $7 with the intention of painting it as well. I am eventually going to paint it blue to coordinate with the blue in our silhouette poster and provide another accent of blue in the room. The drum lamp shade is a Home Goods purchase! I am toying with the idea of adding some type of yellow and gray patterned fabric to it. We will see after I get the lamp base painted blue. Spray paint is purchased, now to just DO IT!
If you like the idea of customized artwork similar to the ones shown above and are too overwhelmed to attempt that project, feel free to visit my Etsy shop where you can order one to your specification and I will custom make it for you.