Our last nursery update included the construction of the crib and dresser, so now you can see the finished curtains, the glider and the light fixture projects. All which deserve a post of their own but I will quickly share the process here. Let's start with the curtains.
Aren't they lovely. I had plans to make them, but then my mom swooped in and got the job done, complete with lining. There was a little bit of drama during the making of them as both my mother and I cut the length too short on two panels and mom had to piece them together. Crisis averted and you can't even tell. Phew! The fabric was 46" wide and we made 4 panels in which two and two were sewn together to make two wider panels for each side of the window.
I used a silver curtain rod with a mercury glass finial and clip rings from Target. I think it glams it up a little.
Next up is the chair. Boy is this a story. I could write an entire post entitled, "The Tale of 3 Chairs" because that's how many chairs we went through before settling on this one. But to be brief, I will spare you the major details and share this synopsis:
- Chair 1- is my first Craigslist find for $40 for rocker and ottoman. The plan was to slip cover it and be done. Devin hated it, and consensus was that it was not comfortable.
- Chair 2- is an existing IKEA Ektorp chair that we have had and were going to purchase a glider kit to transform it from regular chair to glider. It was huge in the room and the back was kind of low.
Ok, so now let's pan to the right and take a look at the dresser wall. This wall is a work in progress. I intend to add some fun colorful wooden numbers to the space around and in between the shelves.